Westward Look Resort has been designated a Certified Green Hotel by the Arizona Hotel & Lodging Association (AzHLA), the leading public policy advocate for the Arizona lodging industry. The AzHLA Certified Green Hotel Program recognizes hotels for their efforts in protecting Arizona’s precious natural resources.
Below are just a few of the green practices used throughout Westward Look:
- Recycling in every area of Westward Look Resort, including cardboard, office paper, newspaper, plastic, toners, light bulbs, aluminum and steel cans.
- Energy-efficient lighting and timers for outside areas.
- Landscaping maximizing drought-resistant native plants.
- Usage of botanical controls such as organic insecticides, fertilizers and integrated pest management (IPM).
- Monthly desert landscaping classes open to the public that teach about water conservation and energy-saving ideas.
- High-efficiency air conditioning units and electronic thermostats.
- Low-flow and automatic flush toilets to help conserve water.
- Towel and linen re-use programs.
- Energy efficient lighting sources (CFLs).
- Compost organic kitchen waste for use in on-site gardens.
- Eliminated use of Styrofoam food containers in food service wherever possible.
- On-site Chef’s Garden supplies many fruits and vegetables used in resort menus.
- The culinary team purchases locally when available to support Arizona growers and businesses and to reduce transportation emissions.
- Seafood offered on menus is based on the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch list.
How Our Guests Can Help Keep Westward Look Green
- Use the recycle bins provided in your guest room.
- Take advantage of our towel and linen re-use program.
- Turn the thermostat up when you are not in your guest room.