Tucson weddings, 5 things brides need to know about planningPosted on January 11, 2013
For decades, Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa has been a popular destination for Tucson weddings and receptions. Here are five things that Alyssa Sheppard, our Director of Romance, says brides need to know about planning a Tucson wedding.
- Allow time for your guests to see the sights. Tucson has quite a history (as does the resort!), so definitely help your guests find activities to do around Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa as well as around Tucson. Check out all of our recreational activities here. For events and attractions around Tucson, the Metropolitan Tucson Convention & Visitors Bureau has a great site here.
- Fall and spring are the prime wedding seasons. If your wedding falls during these times, be sure to book your venue, photographer, DJ, etc. well in advance, as dates will fill up quickly. For summer brides, if you book your wedding at Westward Look before February 28, you can save up to 20 percent on your reception dinner. See details here.
- Tell your out-of-town guests who aren’t familiar with Southern Arizona that Tucson has great weather year round. They will be grateful when they get here with their swimsuits, golf clubs, tennis rackets and hiking boots because you’ve let them know they can take advantage of the Sonoran Desert climate!
- Few things are more romantic than our amazing Arizona sunsets. Make sure when you plan your agenda to work in and capture the moment, whether it’s during the rehearsal, ceremony, dinner, in between, or in your official photos (not to mention the honeymoon!).
- On January 13, the Tucson Bridal Expo will offer brides (and grooms, too!) the chance to see and learn everything about weddings. Westward Look will be there and we’d love to show you how we can make your special day unique. Check out the Tucson Bridal Expo website.
If there’s anything we can do to help plan your Tucson wedding, or if you have more questions, contact Alyssa at (520) 917-2471 or email@example.com.